Tuesday 1 November 2011

Research and Planning- Creativity

I feel creativity comes from one person. It's the freedom for them to "create" anything they feel is exciting or they view as art. Art and creativity comes from the inner emotions allowing them to make something individual. It can be done in different forms, through drawing, painting, singing, dancing, acting etc.
"Creativity is original idea's that have value"- Sir Ken Robinson.
A personal example of mine is in both GCSE dance where I had to choreograph my own dance piece, in Art GCSE where we had to create individual pieces. Also in my Performing arts lessons we get a chance to be creative and put on our own performance.
This Week I've researched further and create a mood board of other artist's videos and images. I've also created a story board of a few ideas i had for my song and costumes to go along with it. These are all temporary idea's ready for when i start planning.


Creativity is limited, this is caused from education. You become creative by making mistakes,and doing things wrong, to become original. Yet in education, mistakes are seen as very bad and are whipped out of children from a young age. Schools have educational hierarchy's, they start with Maths and English, then onto humanities and at the bottom are the arts.

Here's some of my work whilst i was being creative.This is a collage of the artist Banksy. I've studied him as an artist before and i really like his work. I think this will be a big inspiration in either my video or the print work.

No comments:

Post a Comment